Advance Group Policy Settings
Using Group Policy administrator can achieve some priceless goals:
- Insure that users can access only what is required to complete their tasks.
- Insure that no changes in system setting are made.
- Insure that only programs that are authorized by business owner are available.
- Control what websites are available
- Control if movies / music can be played on a browser.
- Dangerous attachments cannot be opened.
- Dangerous files cannot be downloaded
- Software cannot be installed.
Here are some places to set those up
- Settings for Internet Explorer, Security Center, Automatic Updates, Windows Media Player are here:
Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/
- Windows Firewall:
Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Network/Network Connections/
- More Internet Explorer:
User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Internet Explorer:
Block Outlook Express attachments, Do not allow users to disable/ enable add-ons, IE Control Panel,
../Internet Control Panel/Advanced Page:
Allow content from CD to run on this machine, Allow Install on demand, Check for updates, Play sound, Animation, Videos.
More useful places: ../Browser Menus, ../Browser, ../Toolbars, ../Security Features
- Attachment Manager: Control what can and cannot downloaded.
User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Attachment Manager
- Windows Explorer: Control dialogs and other aspects.
User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Windows Explorer
- Windows Installer: Control what can and cannot be installed and from where
User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Windows Installer
- Start Menu: Control start menu aspects.
User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Start Menu and task bar
- Desktop: Control desktop
User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Desktop
- Control Panel: Control what and if control panel available.
User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Control Panel.
- Disable access to Internet from IE: User Configuration / Windows Settings / Internet Explorer Maintenance / Connection / Proxy Setting, then set to non resolvable proxy
Contact Us Work Order Make a payment Links Website Hosting
Prices Computer Repair Links
Will make your computer behave!
Copyright (C) Tal Bahir, Inc 2008